Planning your wedding, whether you have two years or two months to do can be very stressful. If you’re organised and love to make lists, we’ve put together a handy wedding checklist of things to do in the run up to your big day. If you’re looking for a wedding venue in Ireland that goes above and beyond for your big day, Osprey Hotel in Kildare is perfect. Nothing is too much to ask from our dedicated team in our Kildare wedding venue. Contact us to view the ceremony and reception space and learn more about our flexible wedding packages.
As Soon as you Get Engaged
- Start planning your guest list
- Set a budget and saving schedule
- Discuss ideal venues
- Agree the type of wedding you want
- Select potential wedding dates and check with preferred venues
- Compare church availability dates with venue availability dates – if applicable
- Have an engagement party!
12 Months Prior
- Pay a wedding deposit to secure your date
- Research potential suppliers and book. Include florist, cake maker, band and DJ, entertainment, celebrant, photographer, videographer etc
- Start researching wedding dress shops and planning visits
- Consider options for wedding and venue décor
- Send ‘Save the Date’ cards, emails or texts to your guests
- Pop the question to your wedding party
- Ask creative friends and family for help with décor, flowers, invites and entertainment if applicable.
- Research and reserve accommodation for guests
- Research and book your honeymoon – flights and accommodation
- Book a pre-marriage course if required by your celebrant or church
6 Months Prior
- Reconfirm dates with venue, florist, band, entertainment, church and other suppliers.
- Order your wedding dress
- Set up multiple appointments with a reputable dressmaker for alterations.
- Book ceremony musicians
- Start planning your honeymoon booking excursions, romantic meals etc.
- Start researching wedding jewellery and wedding rings for you both, bear in mind these may need to be resized before the big day.
- Design and order your wedding stationery and invites
- Attend pre-marriage counselling if required by your celebrant
- Meet with your florist to discuss options and agree a style for your bouquet, centrepiece, buttonholes and décor if necessary.
- Shop for groom’s and male wedding party suits
- Research & book your wedding cars
- Organise a hair trial with your stylist
- Organise a make-up trial
- Buy bridesmaids dresses
- Try not to worry about what your wedding party has in store for your hen/stag party!
3 Months Prior
- Order your wedding cake, confirming style and flavour with your supplier.
- Visit your venue to visualise your big day and enjoy a sample wedding menu if possible
- Set up a cake tasting with your supplier
- Send invites to your wedding guests
- Shop for Flower Girl/Page Boy outfits
- Organise the legal side of your wedding. In Ireland at least 3 months’ notice must be given.
- Decide on prayers, readings and music for your ceremony. Make sure to check everything with your celebrant.
- Book your hair and make-up with tried and trusted suppliers
- Book your spray tan trial and after seeing how it fades off, confirm your pre-wedding appointment.
- Arrange travel vaccinations if necessary
- Order your wedding rings
- Organise gifts for parents, bridesmaids, groomsmen and each other
- Order shoes and accessories for Bridesmaids and yourself
- Plan wedding favours, if any
- Attend your dress fittings
1 Month Prior
- Finalise details and order mass booklets/order of ceremony
- Complete any wedding DIY or craft projects
- Review the final RSVP list and call any guests who have not yet responded
- Final dress fitting and dress delivery
- Compile must-have shot lists for photographer and videographer
- Give venue/caterer final guest headcount
- Create your table plan
- Final fitting and collection of Groom/gents suits
1 Week Prior
- Confirm the order of the day with your venue and suppliers including delivery details
- Confirm and make any last-minute adjustments with your suppliers.
- Pamper yourself with a facial, massage and waxing.
- If you’re dyeing your hair, do so about a week before your wedding to ensure your scalp is not dyed for photos.
- Supply wedding coordinator with a list of supplier requests such as a table for DJ, cake table etc.
- Review table plan & amend as necessary
- Print your place cards and deliver to the venue
- Agree delivery schedule between venue and suppliers
- Final try-on of wedding dress including underwear and accessories
- Pack an overnight bag for the reception
- Pack your bags for your honeymoon if you are going straight from the reception venue
2/3 Days Prior
- Get your wedding nails done
- Gents to have haircuts, shaves etc
- Confirm pick-up times with the wedding car company
- Final adjustments with suppliers and venue
- Get your spray tan
- Print a list of the running order of the day and give one to your Best Man, one to your Maid of Honour and a copy to the venues wedding planner
- Drop off place cards, table cards, menus, favours, table plans to the wedding coordinator
- Provide all wedding suppliers and organisers with an emergency phone number to call on the day of the wedding. Not yours or your partners!
- Sort out payment for any final balances to be paid at the end of the reception.
- Ladies, remove your socks, hair ties, jewellery and your engagement ring. You don’t want any unsightly lines on the big day.
- Pick up your bouquet so its ready for early photos
- Get a good nights rest!
Contact Osprey Hotel for more information about our Kilkdare Wedding Venue. We’d love to show you around.