Congratulations on your engagement! We hope you’re busy planning your summer wedding or civil ceremony and that you get the best weather for your big day. If you’re hoping for an outdoor ceremony in a perfect wedding venue in Kildare, Osprey Hotel has everything you need. We offer flexible wedding space in our newly refurbished ballroom, fantastic seasonal menus created by our talented kitchen team and a beautiful outdoor wedding space if you’re lucky enough to get the weather you deserve for your wedding or civil ceremony. Contact our experienced wedding team to arrange a show around of our beautiful wedding space.
Summer Wedding Theme
Summer is a fantastic time for a wedding. There is something about warm, bright weather that brings out the best in people. You’re not restricted to a certain type of wedding outfit; your dress or suit can be the star of the show without worrying about covering up to keep warm. Your wedding theme is ready-made with beautiful bright colours, the brightest seasonal flowers and a fantastic range of seasonal menu items. Your menus can be light and delicious complemented by colourful summer cocktails. Bridesmaid dresses work in any colour from deepest red to brightest white – summer is a great time to show off those gorgeous colours.
Summer Menus and Drinks
Forget about heavy meals for your summer wedding. The heat often hinders guests’ appetites, leading to food waste and unfinished meals. Embrace the season and select a light, fresh menu, full of seasonal foods and locally sourced ingredients. Keep guests fed throughout the day with light bites and fruity drinks, preparing them for a bigger, but not heavy, meal that evening. Work with chefs in Osprey Hotel to create a bespoke summer wedding menu that suits the theme of your big day. Pairing your menu with fresh, fruity cocktails will ensure your guests are suitably impressed.
Summer Wedding Flowers
You’re spoiled for choice with flowers in Summer. Spring & summer are the right seasons for fresh, blooming bouquets full of colour and beauty. From dainty blooms such as sweet pea to show stopped like peonies and dahlias, summer brings with it a plethora of beautiful varieties of flowers to create the bouquet of your dreams. Of course, you can also opt for a dried flower you can keep as a memento or a wildflower bouquet that will look stunning in photos.
Outdoor Ceremony in Kildare
Summers in Ireland aren’t always the warm, bright days we hope for but if you’re expecting good weather for your big day, an outdoor ceremony will put your wedding head and shoulders above the rest. Osprey Hotel’s wedding and civil ceremony space in Kildare is perfect for an indoor/outdoor venue for your big day. We welcome all types of weddings in our Kildare wedding venue from small family affairs to those wanting to impress with huge parties. We have a choice of beautiful rooms and an outdoor wedding space available depending on your numbers and personal preference. Our new ballroom combines elegance, comfort and style creating the venue of your dreams.
Tips for summer weddings
- Avoid the hottest part of the day. Have your outdoor ceremony earlier or later so guests can enjoy it in comfort.
- Keep the dress code light. Let your guests decide on the colours and materials they are comfortable with.
- Be prepared for summer showers. Bring colourful umbrellas for cute wedding pictures and be prepared to move your ceremony indoors at the last minute.
- Provide plenty of shade. The last thing you want is sunburn and sunstroke!
- Provide sunscreen and child-friendly factor 50 if you have children at your wedding.
- No metal chairs in the sun, it’s an accident waiting to happen.
- Have plenty of water available for guests. It’s better than cooling down with alcohol and missing the dinner.
- Invest in moisture-proof make-up and great antiperspirant. The sun may not shine but it’s easy to become too warm with all eyes on you.
If you’d like to hold the wedding of your dreams in our stylish, elegant wedding venue in Kildare, contact our events team. We’d be delighted to show you around the hotel and grounds, inspiring you for a perfect summer wedding. Call our team to discuss our flexible wedding packages.